@KnockadoonW is a Twitter bot I developed one lockdown afternoon in late 2020. It is written in Python and uses the Met Éireann Weather Forecast API to provide the data. I use the Twython library for posting to Twitter. The bot runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in an AWS Lambda function, trigged by AWS EventBridge.
Knockadoon Weather Bot v1.0
- Temperature, Wind Speed, Wind Direction and Atmospheric Pressure posted every 4 hours.
- Rainfall (current, minimum, and maximum) posted every 4 hours.
Coming in v1.1
- Forward looking forecasts.
- Met Éireann Weather Alerts Integration
- Historical (Monthly) Temperature Metrics
- Historical (Monthly) Rainfall Metrics